Friday 21 December 2012

Special delivery, coincidence and basing

Yesterday evening I was informed my new washing machine would be delivered today. Luckily I could skip today at work, so close to christmas.

This also allowed me to do a small chore I'd been putting off, but which really needs done: putting the magnetic tape on the bases of my Saxons. Tomorrow is their first day in battle! They'll be bled in a Dux Britanniarum battle facing Dick's Romano-British.

You see? Excellent fit!
Started yesterday evening late, to cut up the tape into 19mm squares or rectangles and cutting off the corners. Today's been gluing, with the odd mistake rectified (it does matter which side of the magnetic tape is on the bottom).


But the happy coincidence doesn't end there. So last week I'd ordered these magnetic tape circles to put under the round bases. Because that's a pain to cut yourself. You know what? They arrived just past lunch as well! Got it finished before the guys came to deliver the new washing machine.

I've got my basic army plus some archers ready now, the glue needing a bit of time to dry.



Very happy boy. This is the stuff I hate about modelling, so the less time it takes, the better!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jus,

    Litko Systems produces round bases in various sizes and thickness, if desired complete with magnabses in teh same size. Saves a lot of hassle

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rob,

    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check that out.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments. Let me know what you think!